I’m a tech entrepreneur and writer in San Francisco, California.
I started Benja, the merchandise ad platform, in 2014 with my friend Tommy Goode. Benja offers a multi-channel sales solution for top brands, selling product via unique user experiences on mobile, web, and social. While building the company, a number of major issues in the online display advertising market became evident and in response, we created benjaCoin. BenjaCoin (BENJA) is a crypto-token that will address what we believe to be multi-billion dollar issues.
In addition to serving as CEO of Benja, I’m an avid skier and runner. This fall, I’m running the New York City marathon for Athlete’s to End Alzheimer’s.
I also advise and contribute to e-commerce, media, and blockchain projects:
- AffordableJerseys.com, which sells affordable, authentic baseball player jerseys and offers the one and only true player trade guarantee.
- TINY Cables, makers of the best charging and syncing cables in the world. 8″, $8, lifetime guarantee, and free shipping. I started this company with Tommy Goode and live-blogged the experience: Let’s Start a Company
- snip.ninja, which offers custom HD clips and GIFs from your favorite movie.
- Coloring Crypto, a podcast which illuminates the blockchain.
- TokenList.xyz, a crypto-token listing website which does not accept paid listings or advertisements. Token listings you can trust.
- How to Buy and Sell Bitcoins, which offers beginner guides to cryptocurrency.
- Huedoku Labs, which seeks to improve visual literacy through a set of color-based games and interactive web experiences.
- Ujoin, advocacy made easy. With Ujoin’s innovative SaaS platform, the firm makes it easy to advocate for policy change.
- Talkin’ Yanks, a social media company focused on the New York Yankees baseball team.
- Token Projects:
- Instant Sponsor
- Intiva Health
I also write:
- My first book, Art of the Initial Coin Offering, which offers my personal perspective as a crypto-token founder. I work through each step of the ICO process, from concept to launch. Available on Kindle and in paperback through Amazon.
- Hacker Noon
- In Lawless ICO Territory, Cryptocurrency Issuers Struggle to Comply
- How Model UN Inspired One Man’s Quest to Create Teenage Billionaires
- Earth to Fitness Wearables: The Market for Ski Tech is Ripe for the Picking
- Unicorn Delusion: The Dark Side of Seeking a Billion-Dollar Valuation
- Is Apple Ripping Off Outside Developers?
- The Wearable Movement Nobody is Talking About: Audio Devices
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- The Startup
- Built a sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference app company. I was the first external business hire and I oversaw business development through their re-organization event in 2014.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Coordinated and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked towards a major release.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
As a believer in lifelong learning, I have taken classes, done non-degree work, and completed degrees at Lyndon, Dartmouth, Harvard, Udemy, and Codecademy.