Hi, I’m Andrew J. Chapin – I’m an entrepreneur, skier, and runner.
- Building commerce and media properties at Commerce Media Studio.
- Training to become a full-stack web developer.
- Working to encourage the next generation of entrepreneurs through the (upcoming) Andrew J. Chapin Foundation.
- Volunteered at the San Francisco SPCA.
- Was #49 on the 2017 100 People to Watch in Blockchain.
- Served as a mentor at Whiteboard Youth Ventures, a bootcamp for high school students interested in entrepreneurship. The high-intensity program prompted high school students to come up with a practical business idea and, over the course of a week, go from idea to market.
- Contributed to Entrepreneur Magazine, Observer, and Hacker Noon.
- Started Benja, a collection of traditional e-commerce stores (including AffordableJerseys, CoverageGear, others) and shoppable media experiences which delivered a premium outlet experience where people live online.
- Built the sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference technology company. I was the first business hire.
- Coordinated, managed, and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012. Color was eventually acquired by Apple.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked toward a major release.
- Sold for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
- Earned my advanced degree with a concentration in economics at Harvard Business School Online.
- Earned a B.A. in Business Administration from Northern Vermont University where I was president of the student body from 2008-2010 and was a founding executive member of the Lyndon Student Investment Group.
- Earned the rank of Eagle Scout with Troop 162 in Southbury, Connecticut.
If you’re looking to get in touch, your best bet is Twitter.