Here’s what I’m currently working on:
- Benja, the merchandise ad platform. Benja offers a multi-channel sales solution for top-tier brands, selling their product via unique user experiences on mobile, web, and social. I co-founded this company with Tommy Goode in 2014 and serve as President & CEO.
- The ICO Governance Foundation, a Swiss foundation whose mission is to protect global ICO investors and facilitate capital formation for ICOs. I helped the foundation develop their Form IGF-1, the first attempt to create a formal registration of ICOs which set the standard for transparency in the ICO market.
- I invest and help companies with missions I care about through Chapin Labs:
- Tiny Cables, the best short cables company in the world. Curious about shipping a physical product, I teamed up with Tommy Goode to discover the ins and outs of a non-software startup. We went into the experience knowing very little, we blogged the entire journey, and we are proud of the results. The blog entries are available on our Medium publication, here.
- Licensing Coin Marketplace, a consortium of industry leaders tasked with eliminating friction in the media licensing space. Its blockchain-powered dashboard is the first of its kind.
- snip.ninja, where you can generate and share custom high-def movie clips.
- Huedoku Labs, which offers a color puzzle game and continues to word on improving visual literacy through gaming and messaging applications.
- Ujoin, a grassroots organization tool for political groups an organizations.
- I write:
- Art of the Initial Coin Offering, my first book, which offers my personal perspective as a crypto-token founder. I work through each step of the ICO process, from concept to launch. Released November 2017 on Amazon
- The SEC Called About Our ICO, I Answered, Hackernoon, July 2017
- Let’s Start a Company: the Tiny Cables Story, 2017
- Unicorn Delusion: The Dark Side of Seeking a Billion-Dollar Valuation, OBSERVER, January 2017
- Is Apple Ripping Off Outside Developers?, OBSERVER, December 2016
- On Fundraising & Bullshit, Medium, November 2016
- 3 Ways to Make Sure Your Online Ads Aren’t a Turnoff, Entrepreneur, October 2016
I ski, run, volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association, and obsess over the Boston Red Sox.
- Built a sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference app company. I was the first external business hire and I oversaw business development through their re-organization event in 2014.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Coordinated and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked towards a major release.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
As a believer in lifelong learning, I have taken classes, done non-degree work, and completed degrees at Lyndon, Dartmouth, Harvard, Udemy, and Codecademy.
If you’re looking to get ahold of me, Twitter is your best bet: @andrewjchapin