Here’s what I’m currently working on:
- Benja, the merchandise ad platform. Benja offers a multi-channel sales solution for top-tier brands, selling their product via unique user experiences on mobile, web, and social. I co-founded this company with Tommy Goode in 2014 and serve as President & CEO.
- The ICO Governance Foundation, a Swiss foundation whose mission is to protect global ICO investors and facilitate capital formation for ICOs. I helped the foundation develop their Form IGF-1, the first attempt to create a formal registration of ICOs which set the standard for transparency in the ICO market.
- I incubate and build companies through Chapin Labs, including Tiny Cables, Affordable Jerseys, snip.ninja, Huedoku Labs, and Ujoin. We specialize in e-commerce, blockchain, and cryptocurrency-based missions.
- I write:
- Art of the Initial Coin Offering, my first book, which offers my personal perspective as a crypto-token founder. I work through each step of the ICO process, from concept to launch. Released November 2017 on Amazon.
- The SEC Called About Our ICO, I Answered, Hackernoon, July 2017
- Let’s Start a Company: the Tiny Cables Story, 2017
- Unicorn Delusion: The Dark Side of Seeking a Billion-Dollar Valuation, OBSERVER, January 2017
- Is Apple Ripping Off Outside Developers?, OBSERVER, December 2016
- On Fundraising & Bullshit, Medium, November 2016
- 3 Ways to Make Sure Your Online Ads Aren’t a Turnoff, Entrepreneur, October 2016
I ski, run, volunteer for the Alzheimer’s Association, and obsess over the Boston Red Sox.
- Built a sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference app company. I was the first external business hire and I oversaw business development through their re-organization event in 2014.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Coordinated and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked towards a major release.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
As a believer in lifelong learning, I have taken classes, done non-degree work, and completed degrees at Lyndon, Dartmouth, Harvard, Udemy, and Codecademy.
If you’re looking to get ahold of me, Twitter is your best bet: @andrewjchapin