I’m a tech entrepreneur and writer in San Francisco, California.
I started the Benja Commerce Network with Tommy Goode in 2014. Benja brings commerce to content, delivering low-friction commerce user experiences in online display advertising, social media feeds, e-mail, and mobile apps.
I’m an avid skier, a marathoner, and I advise and contribute to e-commerce and media projects:
- AffordableJerseys.com, which sells affordable, licensed baseball fan jerseys and offers a player trade guarantee.
- TINY Cables, makers of the best charging and syncing cables in the world. 8″, $8, lifetime guarantee, and free shipping. I started this company with Tommy Goode and live-blogged the experience: Let’s Start a Company
- snip.ninja, which offers custom HD clips and GIFs from your favorite movie.
- Despite being a Boston Red Sox fan, I help Jimmy and the team at Talkin’ Yanks, a media company focused on the New York Yankees baseball team.
I also write:
- My first book, Art of the Initial Coin Offering, which offers my perspective as a crypto-token founder. I work through each step of the token generation and sale process, from concept to launch. Available on Kindle and in paperback through Amazon.
- Hacker Noon
- Google is Using You
- Silicon Valley, Meet Blockchain – and Solving Real Problems
- Gift Card Technology Lags Behind, Consumers Lose
- A Real Solution: Get Paid for Using Facebook
- The Initial Coin Offering, One Year Later
- Rest in Peace, ICO Bounty Programs
- The SEC Called About Our ICO, I Answered
- Initial Coin Offering, Meet Sanity
- In Lawless ICO Territory, Cryptocurrency Issuers Struggle to Comply
- How Model UN Inspired One Man’s Quest to Create Teenage Billionaires
- Unicorn Delusion: The Dark Side of Seeking a Billion-Dollar Valuation
- Is Apple Ripping Off Outside Developers?
- The Wearable Movement Nobody is Talking About: Audio Devices
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- The Startup
- Built a sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference app company. I was the first external business hire and I oversaw business development through their re-organization event in 2014.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Coordinated and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked towards a major release.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
As a believer in lifelong learning, I have taken classes, done non-degree work, and completed degrees at Lyndon, Dartmouth, Harvard, Udemy, and Codecademy.