I’m a tech entrepreneur and writer in San Francisco, California.
I started the Benja Commerce Network in 2014. Benja delivers shoppable media experiences that enable purchasing inside online display advertising, social media feeds, e-mail, and mobile apps. We bring commerce to content.
I was #49 on the 2017 100 People to Watch in Blockchain. I’m a skier, marathoner (NYC ’18, LA ’19, more to come), and advisor to commerce and media projects including:
- AffordableJerseys.com, which sells licensed baseball fan merchandise 20-30% cheaper than major competitors and offers a player trade guarantee.
- TINY Cables, makers of the best charging and syncing cables in the world. 8″, $8, lifetime guarantee, and free shipping. I started this company with Tommy Goode and live-blogged the experience: Let’s Start a Company
- CoverageGear.com, a sports e-commerce retailer featuring the famous player number hats and other culture-related merchandise.
- snip.ninja, which offers custom HD clips and GIFs from your favorite movie.
- Jomboy Media, a sports and culture website and podcast network.
I also write:
- My first book, Art of the Initial Coin Offering, which offers my perspective as a crypto-token founder at the height of the ICO market in 2017.
- Hacker Noon
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- The Startup
- Built a sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference app company. I was the first external business hire and I oversaw business development through 2014.
- Coordinated and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked toward a major release.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
I hold a B.A. in Business Administration from Northern Vermont University where I was president of the student body from 2008-2010. I’ve taken classes and completed certificates at Dartmouth, Harvard, Udemy and Codecademy.