I’m a tech entrepreneur and writer in San Francisco, California.
I started the Benja Commerce Network in 2014. Benja delivers shoppable media experiences that enable purchasing inside online display advertising, social media feeds, e-mail, and mobile apps. We bring commerce to content.
I’m a skier, marathoner, and I get involved with early-stage companies and projects including:
- Jomboy Media, a sports and pop culture new media company featuring properties like Talkin’ Baseball, Sequence with Trevor Plouffe, Breakdowns on YouTube, Laughs from the Past, and more. I’m also on the Board of Directors.
- TINY Cables, makers of the best charging and syncing cables in the world. 8″, $8, lifetime guarantee, and free shipping. I started this company with Tommy Goode and live-blogged the experience: Let’s Start a Company
- snip.ninja, which offers custom HD clips and GIFs from your favorite movie.
I also write:
- Hacker Noon
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- The Startup
- Was #49 on the 2017 100 People to Watch in Blockchain.
- Built a sales plan and revenue model at Feathr, an event and conference app company. I was the first external business hire and I oversaw business development through 2014.
- Coordinated, managed, and executed a guerrilla marketing campaign for Color Labs on college campuses and tourism locations in New England around the launch of their live video-streaming service in 2012.
- Served as a liaison between educational institutions, SMBs, and Microsoft around the launch of Windows 7 and Office 2010. This included the coordination and execution of marketing events on college campuses, encouraging bulk license holders to consider upgrading, and generating awareness around new features. I also worked on the Windows Mobile team in a research role as we worked toward a major release.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning distillery in Quechee, Vermont. This included on and off-premise sales, event marketing, social media management, and the development of new product brands. Under my management, VTSD became the official spirit of the Vermont Ski Association.
- Sold radio advertising for WGMT in Lyndonville, Vermont.
I hold a B.A. in Business Administration from Northern Vermont University – Lyndon where I was president of the student body from 2008-2010. I’ve completed certificates at Harvard, Udemy and Codecademy.