Andrew J. Chapin : About
I’m Andrew, a tech entrepreneur in San Francisco.
This is what I’m currently working on:
- Benja, the first true merchandise ad network. We work with big brands like Nike, Under Armour, and Patagonia to sell their excess inventory across several proprietary channels. I co-founded this company with Tommy Goode in 2014.
- Whiteboard Youth Ventures which offers hands-on Entrepreneurship programming for high school students. I am an Entrepreneur in Residence and a mentor.
- Investments & Projects (via Chapin Labs):
- Is Apple Ripping Off Outside Developers?, Observer, December 2016
- The Wearable Movement Nobody is Talking About, Observer, December 2016
- On Fundraising & Bullshit, Medium, November 2016
- “I have this idea for an app or website…”, Medium, November 2016
- 3 Ways to Make Sure Your Online Ads Aren’t a Turnoff, Entrepreneur Magazine, October 2016
I am also involved with the Alzheimer’s Association. I ski, run, climb, kite-board, and spend far too much of my day thinking about the Boston Red Sox.
- Formed a sales plan and built a book of business from revenue-zero at Feathr, an event and conference mobile app company. I was the first business hire and was with the company until their merger & pivot event in 2014. This is where I met Tommy, my co-founder at Benja.
- Built a guerrilla marketing campaign to acquire new mobile app users and worked on strategic partnerships at Color Labs, a live video streaming app. Partnerships included work with Verizon Wireless, the National Football League, and Saturday Night Live.
- Sold vodka for Vermont Spirits Distilling Co., an award-winning craft distillery that produces spirits using Vermont agricultural products including maple, apples, and corn. I created and executed a comprehensive event marketing campaign which included a number of festivals and a formal partnership with the Vermont Ski Association.
- Promoted Office 2010 and Windows 7 for Microsoft in New England. My efforts were centered on campuses and SMBs. Later, I worked on the Windows Mobile business development team.
- Sold radio ads for Vermont Broadcast Associates, owners of WGMT, WKXH, KWPJ, and WSTJ. I often reflect on this time and think that I may be the worst radio salesperson in the history of the world.
- Helped the New England Forest Rally (a two-day stage rally-car event that takes place on the back roads and logging tracks of western Maine and northern New Hampshire) execute their first survey and research project.
As a firm believer in life-long learning, I am constantly pursuing formal education in some form. As a result, I hold a number of degrees, certificates, certifications, and have completed non-degree work at Codecademy, Udemy, Lyndon, Dartmouth, and Harvard.
If you’re interested in reaching out, use Twitter: @andrewjchapin.